QEEG BRAIN MAPPING
The following instructions are for the client to review and follow before they come in for a qEEG, and will help assure that the best results possible are acquired. PLEASE PAY ATTENTION to bolded print.
1) Illness ~ If the patient is sick, instruct them to call to reschedule; even if he/she only has a cold.
2) Sleep ~ The patient should be instructed to get a good night’s sleep before the QEEG (let us know if you have any sleep problems or disturbances).
3) Hair & Scalp ~ Your hair needs to be clean and dry. Use a Ph neutral detergent shampoo such as Neutrogena Anti-Residue or Suave Clarifying shampoo the nightbefore or the on the day of your scheduled appointment. If you have a hair falls, toupee, or corn-rows, please remove or be able to remove for your appointment. No chemical treatments may be administered (coloring, perms, relaxers) within 48 hours before the QEEG. DO NOT use oils, lotions, mousse, gels, or hairsprays. Hair must be free of beads, weaves. Make sure your hair is completely dry before coming for the QEEG. Please bring a comb or brush and/or cap as you will have gel in your hair afterwards.
4) Medications ~ If the patient is taking stimulant medication (ADHD medication), it is preferable to do the qEEG recording after the patient has stopped taking the medication for up to 48 hours prior. The patient MUST check with his/her prescribing physician to determine if it is possible to stop taking the stimulants 48 hours prior to the qEEG. If 24 hours is not advisable 12-24 is the next preferred length of time. Do not make changes to any other medication(s) unless authorized by your physician.
5) Over the Counter Medications and Supplements ~ Patients should avoid taking any over the counter medication or supplements for three or four days prior to the qEEG. This includes medications and supplements such as such as: acetaphetamine (Tylenol), advil (motrin/ibuprofen), aspirin, analgesics, antihistamines/allergy medications (Benedryl, Claratin, Allegra, Zyrtec), cough and cold medicines, herbs, nasal sprays, neutraceuticals (sports drinks, Gator Aid, etc.), food supplements (including amino acids), vitamins, or other similar products. If you have questions please check with us first.
6) Caffeinated Beverages ~ The patient should NOT drink excessive amounts of coffee, tea, or caffeinated beverages in the morning of the testing (one cup is fine) and the patient should NOT drink soft drinks with excessive amounts of caffeine in them, red bull, highly caffeinated soft drinks, for at least 15 hours prior to the qEEG.
7) Alcohol and Drugs ~ Alcohol should be avoided 24 hours prior to your session. Marijuana should be avoided 72 hours prior to your session.
8) Contact Lens ~ Portions of the qEEG require that your eyes be closed for up to 10 minutes. If you wear contact lenses, please be prepared to remove them if they create discomfort with your eyes closed.
9) Please list all of the medications you take on a daily or regular basis in your Mental Edge Fitness Solutions qEEG account information.
10) The Day of the qEEG, the patient should:
1. Eat a high protein breakfast.
2. Women should not wear any makeup on the forehead or ear lobes.
3. Drink plenty of water the day before the qEEG recording.
4. Use the restroom to prior to the start of the qEEG.
5. No jewelry on neck or ears.
6. Nicotine should be avoided 3 hours prior to your session.
7. Bring any medications or supplements you would like to take after your qEEG is complete. On the day of your qEEG brain map appointment, plan to spend a minimum of 60 minutes in the office. In addition, you will likely need several minutes to fix your hair following your appointment. FACILITIES ARE PROVIDED.
PLEASE NOTE: Lack of sleep, medications, low blood sugar, and movement of the eyes, tongue, head or body, may affect the results.